Youth Advisory Committee
|Mayor Kevin Sullivan
|Mr. Jeff DiGiovanni
- 2nd Monday of each month
- 5:45 pm
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Youth Advisory Committee is created to accomplish the following purposes:
- Perform such duties and functions as are required or authorized by the city council.
- Act in an advisory, service and support capacity with respect to any potential initiative or opportunity undertaken jointly with the staff or city council within municipal limits of the city or its extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- Shall be composed of up to nine (9) youth members and one (1) adult member.
- The city council shall appoint the members by motion or resolution.
- Each committee member shall be a student at Lago Vista High School or other recognized school in the City to include private or home schools and be classified as sophomores or juniors at the time of appointment.
- Each term shall be for two years for sophomores or juniors a the time of initial appointment.
- Terms shall expire on May 31st of the year in which the student is classified as a senior.
- Vacancies for unexpired terms shall be filled with appointments by the city council.
- Newly appointed members shall be installed at the first regular committee meeting after their appointment.
- The adult member shall be appointed by the council to serve for a two-year term of office.
- Officers shall be elected annually from among the committee's membership at it's first meeting in May of each calendar year, with is being the first agenda item, and at such other times as these offices may become vacant.
- The committee shall act in the specified capacity only, and shall have no power to bind the city by contract or otherwise; authorize expenditures; interfere with administrative or personnel affairs; nor create any other obligation whatsoever on the part of the city.
- The adult member shall serve as a mentor for the committee and as a project manager for all community service projects performed by the committee.