Planning & Zoning Commission
|Thomas Monahan||Chair||December 31, 2024|
|Don Johndrow||Vice-Chair||December 31, 2024|
|Kathy Koza||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Dave Snyder||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Larry Hagler||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Rachael Rich||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Norma Owen||Member||December 31, 2024|
|Paul Prince||Council Liaison|
|Roy Jambor||Staff Liaison|
- 2nd Thursday of each month
- 7:00 pm
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is created to accomplish the following purposes:
- Act as an advisory board to the City Council with respect to the planning, use, and development of land and related matters as provided by ordinance.
- Recommend a comprehensive plan for land use and the physical development of the City and its extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- Recommend zoning, subdivision and other land use and development ordinances consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
- Recommend the zoning and rezoning of land, amendments to the zoning map, and the land use and services planning map for the extraterritorial jurisdiction that coincides with the Comprehensive Plan.
- Study and consider approval or disapproval of proposed subdivision plats and plans to ensure conformance with subdivision and development ordinances; provided that the City Council may provide for administrative approval of short-form plats.
- Recommend to the Council changes in the current Comprehensive Plan for the City and its extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- Recommend to the Council any changes deemed necessary in ordinances regulating the zoning and development of the City or its extraterritorial jurisdiction.
- Consider capital improvement plans and programs and annexation plans in connection with the Comprehensive Plan.
- Act as the Airport Zoning Commission under Tex. Local Govt. Code, Ann., section 241.
- Performs any other planning and development-related functions as required by State law or requested by the City Council.