Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee
|DiAnn Tjon-Joe-Pin||Chair||December 31, 2023|
|Andrew Gale||Vice-Chair||December 31, 2024|
|Mandi Carter||Secretary||December 31, 2023|
|Robyn Burkhart||Member||December 31, 2024|
|Mark Major||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Zach Davis||Member||December 31, 2024|
|Don Motschall||Member||December 31, 2024|
|Rob Durbin||Council Liaison|
|Sean Vance||Staff Liaison|
- 2nd Wednesday of every month
- 6:30 pm
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The City of Lago Vista Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee operates and maintains all of Lago Vista's parks, swimming pools, creative and recreational programs, sports facilities, cemeteries and more in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. They strive to provide an exceptional recreational experience to enhance the quality of life for all Lago Vista residents and guests.
The Parks and Recreations Committee was created to accomplish the following purposes:
- Act as an advisory board to the council with respect to the use of parkland dedication funds or the acquisition of new parkland and the development of park facilities.
- Study and evaluate the alternative potential parkland sites, and potential facilities to be developed and alternate uses of parkland dedication funds.
- Develop and recommend a comprehensive master plan for park facilities which will guide the city in the acquisition of parkland and the development of park facilities in the city.
- Provide input to the city staff, the planning and zoning commission and the city council on potential parkland acquisition and facility projects to be considered for inclusion in the city's five-year capital improvement program.
- Perform any other planning and development-related functions as required by or requested by the council.