Animal Bite/Wildlife Exposure

Animal Bites (Person)

Call 9-1-1 if a person has been attacked, bitten or scratched by a domestic or wild animal and they need emergency care; if emergency care is not required, 

  • Wash the wound well with lots of soap and water
  • Call your doctor right away
  • Contact Animal Control though the Lago Vista Police Department

All animal bites must be reported to Animal Control. If medical attention has been received after a bite, we will provide you with an Animal Bite Report to complete

Animal Bites (Other Animal)

Owners of pets involved in bite cases must provide a current rabies vaccination certificate to Animal Control. If the animal is not currently vaccinated or if the vaccination status is unknown, the animal must be placed in quarantine and observed by a veterinarian.

Animals that are currently vaccinated and were restrained at the time the bite occurred may qualify for home observation.

If possible, get the name and phone number of the owner of any pet that bites you or your pet.