The City of Lago Vista provides a number of green services that are available to residential utility customers at no additional cost. On the first Thursday and Saturday of each month, the Green Center serves as a collection center for tree trimmings and brush.
The Green Center is open:
- First Thursday of every month 7am to 2pm
- First Saturday of every month 10 am to 4 pm
- Location: 21155 FM 1431, Lago Vista, TX (1/4 mile west of Lago Vista Middle School)
The City is also working to locate a new facility that will house the Green Center, a new recycling facility, and a potentially hazardous waste collection facility. Until then, please contact City Hall if you have any questions concerning any of these operations.
You must bring a copy of your City of Lago Vista utility bill and picture ID as verification.
Utility customers must call 512-267-1155 to obtain authorization to allow their landscaping company to drop off brush for them on collection days.
- Drop-offs are only allowed on the designated collection dates and times.
- Construction debris, lumber, leaves, and stumps will not be accepted.
- Only green brush or limbs will be accepted.
- Limbs must be 10 inches or less in diameter.
- No bulk trash will be accepted except on City Clean Up days, which are announced on the City website.
The following fees apply to City of Lago Vista property owners who are not using City utilities:
- $25 - Pickup load
- $25 - Trailer load 8 feet or less
- $50 - Trailer load greater than 8 feet
- $50 - Pickup with trailer load 8 feet or less
- $75 - Pickup with trailer load greater than 8 feet
Residents are welcome to take home as much mulch as they want, at no charge. City crews will load containers, pickup trucks, or trailers upon request. The City of Lago Vista is not responsible for any parasites that the mulch might contain.