Join Our Team
Please click here for current job openings.
Did you know Lago Vista is only an hour from Austin, on the north shore of Lake Travis, and in the Texas Hill Country? Lago Vista is near it, no matter what you like to do in your free time. Enjoy an action-packed career and work for the premier law enforcement agency in Central Texas.
The Lago Vista Police Department is currently expanding to the law enforcement and dispatcher needs of our growing community.
Facial Hair & Tattoo Policies
The Lago Vista Police Department has recently revised our Facial Hair and Tattoo allowed by policy. If you have any questions about these policies related to hiring, please email or call a recruiter at (512)267-7141
Qualifications of Employment
The minimum qualifications that all applicants for the position of police officer must meet include the following:
- Age of 21.
- High school graduation or GED completion.
- Pass a background investigation that includes the following:
- Personal and family history
- Credit history, including current creditors
- Education, including all schools attended and degrees or certificates obtained
- All residences for the past ten years
- Comprehensive employment history
- A fingerprint-based criminal history search, including all arrests, locations, dates, and dispositions
- Traffic summonses and accidents
- An inquiry of family, friends, and associates as to character and reputation, plus an informal interview with the applicant's spouse or "significant other,” as well as any ex-spouse.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NON-SWORN PERSONNEL
A. The applicant must do the following for all positions within the police department
1. Complete a written city application and personal history statement and submit them to the Chief of Police.
2. Copies of the following documents will also be submitted:
- a. Birth certificate
- Driver’s license
- High school diploma or transcript, or GED certificate
- Any college transcripts e. Copy of military discharge papers, if any.
- Any other documents that may be required.
3. Arrange with the Chief of Police to appear for other selection process steps
Lateral Entry Program
Are you an experienced law enforcement officer with at least one year experience? Do you seek additional challenges and opportunities to develop your law enforcement career further? Are you interested in joining the fastest-growing agency in the Texas Hill Country?
The Lago Vista Police Department is currently accepting applications for the lateral transfer program
Lateral Entry candidates must meet all basic requirements and successfully pass all phases of the hiring process like any potential entry-level candidate.
- A candidate must be certified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- have at least (1) year of work experience with similar duties in a comparable Law Enforcement Agency
- must not have a break in service for more than 180 days applying
- Applicants are eligible for a starting salary depending on qualifications and years of experience
We are here to help you!
Becoming a member of a law enforcement agency is no simple task. Whether you are applying to become a police officer, dispatcher, or a non-sworn member of our team, there is an intensive process. We want to help you understand the process and give you the best chance of joining this profession and, more importantly, the Lago Vista Police Department.
Contact a Recruiter today by email
or by telephone (512) 267-7141
If you need further information, please follow these links: